Listen Live

Listen Live

Listen Live

HomeNewsNursing Students At TRU Williams Lake Campus Getting Financial Help For Their...

Nursing Students At TRU Williams Lake Campus Getting Financial Help For Their Studies

Good news for those studying Nursing at the Thompson Rivers University Williams Lake Campus.

The Government of BC has provided a Nursing Student Tuition Grant to support recruitment and retention of Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Practical Nursing Diploma programs.

Dawn-Marie Brunel, Aid Coordinator TRU Award and Financial Aid, said a tuition credit of $2,000 per full time, full year course load will automatically be applied to the accounts of eligible students each year until August first 2026.

We’re hoping to attract new students to the program and retain students in the nursing programs at the Williams Lake Campus, that includes the licensed practical nursing program and the bachelor of science nursing program. The program is retro active to this past year, so students who were enrolled in the winter in those programs will be eligible to receive the $2,000 grant. Going forward it will be available for this coming year as well as the 25-26 semesters.”

Brunell said bachelor of science nursing students who were enrolled in 2023-24 will receive a maximum of $6,000 and the practical nursing students will receive $4,000.

Brunel noted that there’s also the Nursing Student Tuition Grant for Indigenous students that is an additional $5,000 on top of the $2,000 which is aimed to increase and retain Indigenous student for the same nursing programs.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading

More